Tuesday 30 September 2014

OPI Rose of Light

Hi lovelies! I've been busy the past days which resulted in no blogging. But now I'm back and I have a gradient to show you. I've used OPI You're so Vain-illa and OPI Rose of  Light.

Rose of Light is a pale rose gold glitter with microglitters, hex gitters and iridescent square glitter. It seems to be a mix of iridescent rosegold glitter, pale gold glitter and maybe even some silver glitter. It's quite hard to tell actually. This is glitter is quite a cameleon. It looks like a pale rose gold in the bottle but it can look both silver-y and golden on the nail. It's gorgeous. It's definitely a layering polish. I don't think it can be opaque on its own unless you'd do five or six coats maybe. So this is a great polish for gradients even though the glitter pay-off is a bit sparse.
I'm a sucker for beige or off white creme polishes with a golden glitter gradient. I think it looks so classy and clean.





The formula is alright. The glitter pay-off is sparse so it's not the ultimate gradient glitter polish but it works. The clear base is very thick, but not at all hard to apply. The problem is that if you want more glitter you're going to get a lot more of that suspension base. It's a bit tricky to apply it like a gradient. I think it' fine if you layer the polish over another one. It dries quickly and not too rough so one coat of a good top coat is all you need to get the finish smooth.
What you see in the pictures are two coats of OPI You're So Vain-illa, one coat of OPI Rose of Light and one coat of Pretty Serious Crystal Coat.

5 comments:

  1. Ett fint sätt att använda Rose of Light på. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyxig manikyr, glittret ser jätte läckert ut

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please explain how you applied the polish to get the lovely/soft gradient?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me happy. I will answer comments, questions and feedback as soon as possible. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...